Sunday 2 March 2014

NEW RELEASE - The Baby & The Bride by Laura Barnard


 
Synopsis
Sequel to the #1 Amazon Best-Seller, The Debt & the Doormat (available for FREE)

Poppy and Jazz’s lives sound perfect on paper. Jazz has a new baby and Poppy’s getting married. But their realities are very different.

Poppy must strive to keep her cool new job with crazy hours, while trying to keep Ryan happy. Before she knows it her wedding has got out of control, thanks to her mother, the runners at work are bullying her, her parents are in financial difficulty and she’s doubting everything and everyone she ever knew.

Meanwhile Jazz is struggling with motherhood, something a credit card won’t fix. Why won’t this baby give her a break? Will Jazz be able to cope before she loses it?

And will Poppy make it down the aisle? Will Ryan even be waiting? 

Excerpt
‘There we go, darling,’ Mum chirps, looking around disapprovingly. ‘Is your cleaner on holiday?’
‘We don’t have a cleaner, Mum.’ God, she forgets not everyone is rich.
‘Well maybe you should think about getting one.’
‘I can’t afford one, Mum.’ I feel that lump coming to my throat again. I’m gonna ball; I can just feel it.
‘I know, darling, and I’m so proud of you.’
‘Huh?’ I sit down on the sofa and try to take a deep breath.
‘I’m so proud that you’re standing on your own two feet for once. Edward suggested we get you a place of your own…’
‘Really?’ I ask hopefully.
‘Don’t worry, darling, I told him. I told him you were an independent lady these days, and you didn’t want our help. You can stand on your own two feet and, darling, I couldn’t be prouder.’
‘Tha…thanks.’
Why did I have to do that whole independent woman speech when I announced I was pregnant? I should stop listening to Destiny’s Child.

Purchase Links

Connect With Laura Barnard

No comments:

Post a Comment