Thursday 17 July 2014

REVIEW - One Night Promised by Jodi Ellen Malpas

One Night Promised - Jodi Ellen Malpas
UK- AMAZON
US - (releasing 5th August)

Synopsis
Livy notices him the moment he walks into the coffee shop. He's heart-stoppingly stunning, with a blue-eyed gaze so piercing she's almost too distracted to take his order. When he walks out the door, she thinks she'll never see him again. Then she finds the note he left on his napkin . . . signed M.

All he wants is one night to worship her. No feelings, no commitment, nothing but pleasure. Every defense mechanism Livy has adopted during her solitary life is at risk of being obliterated by this confounding man. He's obnoxious but well-mannered. He's a gentleman but aloof. He's passionate but emotionless. Yet the fascination is so powerful, Livy can't deny him... or herself.

M awakens something in Livy, something deep and addictive that she never knew existed -- and that she fears only he can satisfy. But she senses that behind the fast cars, fancy suits, and posh apartment, he's aching inside. To have him, body and soul, she'll have to brave his dark secrets. Delving into his world and breaking down his defenses become her obsession - an obsession that could shatter her heart beyond repair..


My Review

 
"All of my rules were obliterated the second I laid my hands on you."

As with many other people, I completely fell in love with Jodi Ellen Malpas’ This Man series that propelled Jesse Ward to be one of my favourite men in books. So when I heard that Jodi was writing another series, I was obviously ecstatic! How could she top This Man? Could I really love another like I did Jesse and his controlling ways? Would ‘M’ and Livy have many differences to Ava and

Jesse?

Going into this book I had a lot of questions and although I hate to admit it I was comparing it a lot to This Man. In what ways I do not know as they cannot be any more different! The characters personalities and behaviours, the storyline and everything in between had me gripped and devouring each and every page. This book is a real roller coaster of emotions and the unexpected plot twists blew me away. I loved every single bit.

"You're my foregone conclusion, Livy. No one else's."

Livy appears to be your typical young girl, she’s sweet, caring, kind but is also strong and not afraid to stand up for what she feels. If you go past her outer persona and to what makes up Livy, we find that she hasn’t had the greatest of lives so far. Her past taints her and continues to keep her closed off and reserved from some people, especially men. She likes to live life on the safe side and not bring attention to herself. How will she react when the handsome stranger that waltzes into her work demands just one night…

He's a fraud, that's what he is. An actor. A conceited man, cleverly disguised as a gentleman. Which makes him the worst kind of enemy that my heart could find.

M… I freaking loved M! You do find his name out fairly early in the book so don’t think you’ll be waiting forever. He was such a character. He was very mysterious, sexy, loveable, alluring, endearing and also very charming. You couldn’t not like him and his ways. From the very start you are drawn to M and he’s kind of like a puzzle you really want to figure out. Why is he so closed off? Why won’t he tell us anything at all? …We NEED to know!

I really did love M and some of his behaviour was hilarious and sooo not what you would expect from a book boyfriend. But all it did was make me love him more! I wanted to laugh at him, then give him his ‘thing’, and then go right in and strangle him! I found him very intriguing as throughout the book he demanded so much of Livy and wanted to find out all her secrets, but he wouldn’t reveal any of his own. Just what is M hiding?

"I'll never be a drunken fumble, Olivia. Every time I take you, you'll remember it. Each and every moment will be etched on that beautiful mind of your forever." He gently taps my temple. "Every kiss. Every touch. Every word."

M and Livy together bring out so many emotions in you and their journey is definitely one heck of a roller coaster ride that you never want to end. This book was captivating, addictive and yet had snippets of humour and surprise that really drew me in to the book over and over. Although at the start the book did seem to be a little slow, I feel that this added to the overall build-up of the book, the situations within and because of this, I think we were able to get to grips with the story and the feel of it better than those books that give us everything straight away. As well as M and Livy, I really loved the other characters within the book. Especially Nan, she was brilliant. Just the scene in Harrods had me loving her even more. She was a true character and definitely gave a little extra humour to the book.

"I want to surrender myself to you completely, Livy. I want to be your. You are my perfect."

Jodi Ellen Malpas has once again given us a book that will blow you away and leave you desperate for more. The way the book was laid out and how the story progressed was perfect. I loved every second of it. Although a little slow at the start, once this book caught its momentum it truly carried off to new heights that had me on the edge of my seat. The first 90% of this book is brilliant, it has you hooked and you love every aspect of it. The last 10% helped make this book outstanding. The revelations that came to light and uncovered were shocking, unexpected and was full of those OMG moments that will leave you begging for the next book.

This book is perfection, and I can tell that this is a series that I will definitely love and devour until the very last page. I cannot wait until the next one as I NEED to know what happens next and I NEED MORE!!!

"This beautiful, pure girl has fallen in love with the big bad wolf."

*ARC provided by Jodi Ellen Malpas via Netgalley for an honest review

My Rating 



My idea of who M is? 
Justice Joslin

Connect with Jodi Ellen Malpas: Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Website


No comments:

Post a Comment